[ekdosis] how to keep texts legible in emacs

Robert Alessi robert.alessi at cnrs.fr
Sat Mar 12 13:48:09 CET 2022

Dear friends of ekdosis,

I was unable to work on ekdosis lately, but the development of v1.5[1]
should resume shortly.

I was asked recently if there was an “easy” way to use ekdosis, namely
without having to “declare” the witnesses and other sigla, and using a
simplified command such as \var{text}{variant}.

At the same time, the edition text should be as legible as possible in
emacs.

You will find a possible solution in the attached file.

Ideally, an interface to ekdosis would be needed for complex
editions.  I will keep working on the AUCTeX style file for emacs, but
I think that org-mode[2] would be much more appropriate for this.
Witnesses and sigla would be declared in csv files that org-mode is
able to process.

I hope to be able to work on this with a friend in the coming months.
Of course, I will post here the first results of this
experimentation when available.

Best,

Robert

Footnotes: