[ekdosis] font issue in \note*

Robert Alessi alessi at robertalessi.net
Thu Jul 23 10:01:36 CEST 2020

Hi Juan,

Thank you very much for the report.  This glitch is now fixed.

So there is another person in the Alpha-Quadrant of the galaxy who's
using parnotes inside critical notes besides myself.  Good to know!

I think I will push to CTAN an updated version of ekdosis later on
today.  But meanwhile, you can 'robustify' macros to avoid premature
expansion, like so: "\robustify{\textit}".

I attach here the documentation as it stands at the time of writing.
I think that you might be interested in such options as \SetLTRapp,
direction = RL/LR, and the like.

And as a bonus, a sample "test-ekdosis-arabic.tex"  Here's what you
could do with it:
1. Install tidy <http://www.html-tidy.org>
2. Open a terminal and compile this file like so:
   lualatex --shell-escape test-ekdosis-arabic.tex (three times)
3. Open the resulting PDF
4. Return to the terminal.  You will see that arabluatex will have
   produced a new file: "test-ekdosis-arabic_out.tex" with Unicode
   Arabic in place of arabtex ASCII encoding.
5. Compile this file again with --shell-escape : you will now have
   "test-ekdosis-arabic_out_out.tex" with to more arabtex strings to
   be converted.
6. Final step:
   a. Compile "test-ekdosis-arabic_out_out.tex" three times:
      lualatex --shell-escape test-ekdosis-arabic_out_out.tex
   b. Open the resulting PDF file and see that it is the same as the
      first one.
   c. Open test-ekdosis-arabic_out_out-tei.xml
7. Enjoy.

Best,

Robert