[ekdosis] font issue in \note*

Juan Acevedo juan.acevedo at gmx.net
Thu Jul 23 02:02:11 CEST 2020

Robert,

I assume you have been busy working on the documentation and other ekdosis related matters, so I just send this for when you have time to look into it.

I have been geting used to the package, experimenting with a setup for an English critical edition of an Arabic text (with ArabLuaTeX).

Here below is a minimal example,

===========MWE

%!TEX TS-program = lualatex
%!TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode
\documentclass{book}
\usepackage[nomath]{libertinus-otf}
\usepackage[UKenglish]{babel}
\usepackage[novoc]{arabluatex}
	\newfontfamily\arabicfont{Amiri}[Script=Arabic]
	\SetArbEasy
\usepackage[parnotes]{ekdosis}

\begin{document}
\begin{alignment}

\begin{edition}\begin{arab}[novoc]
wa-_dakarnAhumA fI
\app{\lem{al-nUnIyaT}%
	\note*{\LR{This citation from \textit{Nūnīyah} is common}}}
%	\note*{\LR{This citation from {\itshape Nūnīyah} is common}}}  % this works
\end{arab}\end{edition}

	\begin{translation}
And we mentioned them…
	\end{translation}
\end{alignment}
\end{document}
%======================

I am getting this error message:

./xetest.tex:25: Argument of \reserved at a has an extra }.
<inserted text>
\par
l.25 \end
       {edition}

But there is no error if I use {\itshape } inside the \note*{}. The error is triggered by using \emph{} or \textit{}

Aside from this, very happy new users here, and, just so you know, we'll be very grateful for anything you can do in the future to cater for a \LR apparatus under a \RL text, or any advice on such a setup. No hurry!

Many thanks,
Juan